- Doing Business
- Funding Initiatives
- RIVER Cost Share Program
Regional Initiative Valuing Environmental Resources (RIVER)
RIVER Governmental Cost Share Program
The District has modified the application process for the RIVER projects. If you would like to submit a project for consideration, please refer to our Conceptual Project Submittal applications page.
District funding assistance is being made available to government entities to implement projects with the following objectives:
- Protect Florida’s water supply
- Improve water quality
- Restore natural systems
- Provide flood protection
The Suwannee River Water Management District (District) has developed a cost-share program to assist county governments, municipalities, water supply authorities, and other interested units of local government with a cost-share program for projects that enhance or address the District’s core mission of managing water supply, water quality, flood protection, and natural systems. The Regional Initiative Valuing Environmental Resources (RIVER) local government cooperative funding program provides an opportunity for local government to obtain cost-share funding for projects that foster the District’s core mission.
What Type of Project Is Eligible?
Eligible projects include projects that:
- Advanced aquifer recharge
- Conserve our water supply
- Develop alternative water supplies
- Enhance or restore natural systems
- Improve water quality
- Protect springs
- Provide improved flood protection
Guidance documents for RIVER funding requests for the next fiscal year cycle may be reviewed below. The application is now available year-round. If you would like to submit a project for consideration, please refer to our Conceptual Projects applications page.
The following documents are now available:
The District is committed to helping its local communities develop successful projects. To meet with District staff to discuss potential projects please contact the Projects team at 386-362-1001 or by email.
- Governing Board Directive for RIVER
- RIVER Funding Guidance
- FDEP Springs Funding Guidance
- BMAP Projects for SRWMD
- District Basin Management Action Plan (BMAP) Map
- Water Supply Planning Regions
- NFRWSP Boundary Map
- NFRWSP Projects for SRWMD
- FDEP Waterbody IDs
- Lower Santa Fe Basin Recovery Strategy
- SWIM Plans - Coastal Basin and Suwannee Basin
- Outstanding Florida Springs
- Priority Focus Areas
- FDEP Method for Wastewater TN Calculations
For more information, please email the Projects team.